Wednesday, October 29, 2008

POTLUCK!

Greetings,



Last night was the final night of Personal Skills for Supervisors. We all did group presentations on a different course competency. My fellow classmates Paul, Kevin, and I did a 15 minute powerpoint on time management. Andy said he really liked it, and we got a 95%.

We also enjoyed a potluck, which is a tradition of Andy's on the last night of each course. Lots of food and drink for all.

We also turned in our final assignments and will receive the final grade next week.

More proof on how caring Andy is: One of the women that is in my class is on her third go-around on the classes. She informed us last night that due to an upcoming surgery, she'll have to take some time off again. She was very upset about the prospect of not finishing again, fighting back tears as she spoke.

Andy assured her that should she want to continue, he would meet with her individually if that's what it took to help her continue. How many "professors" do you think would do that. And this is a guy that has almost no spare time to begin with. He is truly interested in his "fellow colleagues" as he calls us.

I sure find his methods conducive to my learning style, and enjoy his classes immensely.

Until I get my first lower than A of course, then all bets are off.

Till next time!

No comments: