Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Motivation

Well, we discussed a few topics last night in class, but alot of it centered around motivation. How to best motivate not only yourself, but the others around you.

Andy told us that one day he woke up in the hospital. His wife was there, but when he asked her why he was there, all she would say was that the doctor would be there in a minute. After a few times of his asking, she began to cry. He then realized he lacked the ability to speak well or move anything.

The doctor informed them that Andy would be a vegetable for the rest of his life and he needed to be put in a facility.

Needless to say, he did not feel sorry for himself, he didn't give up, and look where he is now. I wish you all could meet him, he is an excellent teacher and an even better person.

Very inspiring!

On another note, after a 4 hour date with my Microsoft Word book tonight, I've completed that class minus the final test which I have to take at school.

That leaves me with 2 whole weeks to get Excel done.

I know, I shouldn't get things done so early, but what can I say?

See you on the flip side.

No comments: