Monday, October 13, 2008

We Continue

Hello All,

This week we talked about power and influence and how to use them wisely.

We talked about how just having power does not make you a good leader if a leader at all. It is only by treating people with respect and valuing what everyone has to offer do you attain "power".

I must say, I've worked for more people that think they have power and influence than ones that they actually do.

We also talked about Steven Covey and his book the 8th habit. We watched some pretty cool videos that he's done as well. Anyone interested, check it out at http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=Ygh3DHQS1hMC&dq=steven+covey&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=T8VhoclrUr&sig=O0s5WXu0W2Gddtd3Weokdl8pe74&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result

Andy also said something that has stuck with me. He said, "Accept me for who I am, and realize the potential within me.

I really think if you use that as a guideline, you will make a good leader. Everyone has something to offer, and I think people will respect you for realizing that.

On a side note, I buckled down and got my Excel done this weekend. Thanks goes out to my wife who took the kids to her parents for an overnight stay on Friday night. It allowed me 8 hours of uninterrupted homework time.

Now I just have to take the final tests for Word and Excel this week.

Till next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Steven Covey related to Shawn Covey? Glad to hear you got your homework done, but I missed you on the trail on Saturday. Cheers.