Thursday, September 25, 2008

Communication


Hi again

Week 3 of personal skills for supervisors saw us discussing communication and problem solving. It's very interesting to learn new things in areas I thought I was pretty good at like communicating. My high level of communication can be confirmed by my beautiful wife who you see with me in the picture. Don't mind the wierd guy next to me, you should see him in bicycle shorts.

Back to the subject at hand, it amazes me how Andy has been able to find books that so closely resembles what he teaches. The books seem to hold to the thought that what you are learning, and how to apply it, is so much more important than the "grade" you get from memorizing text.

I am very happy to be in a class with an instructor that believes in teaching us how to be good supervisors and how to use the stuff we learn in our jobs. I think we'll all be better for it.

On another note, I finally started my Word classes last night. I got through 3 of the 13 assignments so I got a good start. However, I did find out that my Excel classes are also due at the same time as Word, so I have 2 1/2 weeks to complete them both. Yikes!

Anyway, gotta go.

Talk atcha later.

Go Brewers.

No comments: