Wednesday, September 3, 2008

LAST CLASS!

Hi Everyone,

Well, last night was the last night of Into to Portfolio.

We all had to prepare a powerpoint (or is power point two words?) on what we learned in the class.

I'm usually pretty good about speaking in front of people, but I have to admit, I was pretty nervous. The fact that I had never created a powerpoint before didn't help. But after figuring out how to save my presentation to a jump drive (thanks Dad) and checking it on three different computers to make sure it was on there, it went pretty well.

Andy seemed to enjoy it and so did the class. I just highlighted some key points in my presentation and then shot from the hip on my explanations. That always worked best for me 10 long years ago in high school and it seemed to work well last night.

I then turned in my 8 reflection papers for grading. I find out next week on my grades, so I'll let you know. One of the papers was a learning journal that we are to keep up throughout the program. I figured this blog kinda fit the bill, so I took highlights out to start my journal. Worked out well.

One thing about the class, Andy said at the beginning that he takes pride in the fact that his classes tend to form a good camaraderie. I was skeptical at first, but let me tell you, after three weeks I already notice it. They say the proof is in the pudding and one guy was fighting back tears doing his presentation talking about his wife's liver cancer. Not easy to do after only 12 hours together.

I'm very excited about my program, my Instructor (Andy), and the possibilities that lie ahead.

I also look forward to sharing it with you and getting feedback as well. Thank you for keeping up and posting your comments. I enjoy reading them.

Hope this finds you well.

Jon