Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grading Day

Hello again,

Well, this past Tuesday night was the night we got our grades for Intro to Portfolio. It was my first graded effort in over 10 years, so it was wierd to sit there and wait for my name to be called. I knew I had given good effort and was confident in my work, but still..............you never know.

Andy reviewed my papers with me and said my writing and thinking were excellent. He said my learning journal (one of the ongoing projects for the entire program) was one of the best he has ever gotten. He then said if he believed in extra credit, he'd give me an A+, but he doesn't, so I'd have to settle for an A. Wow!

I can't tell you how proud I was to hear that. It totally reassured me that I had made the right descion. I know it's only a one credit course, but I'm really happy with the results.

After everyone received their papers and grades, we started our first "course specific" class, Personal Skills for Supervisors. It's an 8 weeker. Have to read Chapter 1 and take some quizzes for next week's class. I'll keep you posted.

On a side note, I'd like to encourage all to remember those lost 7 years ago today, September 11, 2001. What a terrible day it was.

Seeya.

2 comments:

Craigers said...

Congrats Jonny K. Hope your next class goes equally well. Wishing you all the best. Now get on your bike on ride!

IllinoisCyclist said...

Way to go Jon you rock! Keep it up. Glad to hear you're doing well.