Friday, November 28, 2008

Equal Opportunity and the True Meaning

This week we covered things like staffing, counselling, and equal opportunity employment. Just brief overviews as we cover them more specifically in some of the other classes.

There sure are alot of laws as to who you can hire/fire and how it's handled.

It seems to me that our contract with the union supersedes alot of the things that other companies face.

I don't know how all of you feel about unions but it sure seems to me the last thing on their mind is how to help EVERYONE!

Oh well.

Also, I posted earlier about Andy having us envision our graduation day. Well, this past Sunday, Pastor asked us to envision the day that God comes to take us home.

A good reminder that none of the things that seem so pressing on earth don't really matter.

I look forward to the day when I can be with God and all loved ones that have left this earth.

What a wonderful day that will be.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Till next time!

1 comment:

Craigers said...

DOn't get me started on unions Jonny. I will say this for you and your readers to pnder however. Isn't it interesting that the only vehicle manufacturers that aren't asking for OUR money to bail them out of THEIR problems are the ones that don't use unions? Hmmm!