Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where will my journey take me after LTC

Hello all,

During a recent conversation with my new boss, he stated how marketable I will be when I'm done with school and can use that with the experience I'll have gained being a supervisor in applying for jobs.

I was stunned that he expects me to look elsewhere eventually. To be honest with you, I hadn't thought of it like that at all. I was so appreciative that he gave me a chance, I guess I planned on being there for awhile.

Then last night, I got the chance to talk with Andy about furthering my education (should I decide to do so) after I get my associates.

He highly recommends Silver Lake College in Manitowoc. I value his opinion so much already, it's immediately in my top 3.

It's a little further away than I'd like but oh well. It seems like there is so much ahead of me, I'm excited for the coming years.

We covered 4 more chapters last night, the last one being on unions. It was very interesting for me as I now deal with the teamsters on a daily basis. We just did a brief overview, as we cover it in depth in a later class.

Hope this finds you all well.

Take it easy.

1 comment:

Craigers said...

So what do you think about unions after studying them Jon?