Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rate your employer

Last night we covered chapters 6-11. Let me start off by saying I've now read 3 1/2 textbooks cover to cover. Pretty impressive for someone who generally despises reading if it doesn't involve sports. Or dogs. Anyhow.

We had to do some exercises on rating our employer. Since I am rather new at my current job, I try to rate them and my previous. It's interesting to see what I think are the differences between the two.

We also covered what it means to be a good leader and the different styles of leadership. Using some more exercises, I fall into a more people-oriented than task-oriented leader. Hopefully, my direct reports will feel the same way about me.

Chapters 12-17 for next week.

Till then!

2 comments:

Craigers said...

So what did you discover when you rated your previous employer?

Jonny K said...

Sorry, confidentiality rules and all, I'm sure you understand.