Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What would an A mean?

Hello again,

I got my first paper back last night in my Written Communications class. This is the class that everyone I talk to dreads. The one elective that everyone leaves until the last possible moment. The one that this very author was complaining about last post. Anyway.

Some of my fellow classmates were noticeably bothered with the results on their paper, which only made me more nervous. However, when my name was called, I noticed little corrections on my paper, and I am happy to report that I received a 99. It makes me very proud to see a 99 and positive comments from a college level instructor, who admittedly is a stickler for all things English. I enjoy the classes, and I enjoy being challenged and learning new things.

However, my kids have become increasingly annoyed with my leaving twice a week along with the hours of homework while I am home. I am struggling to focus on the positives of my schooling and I worry about not being home enough. I am trying to better the life and opportunities of my family, but at what cost? I hope I'm doing the right thing. In light of what my niece is going through, A's, better jobs, and better pay don't seem to mean nearly as much as I used to think they did. Maybe I should be happy with the family and job that God has blessed me with and not keep looking for more.

I don't know.

Till next time.

Please remember to say a prayer or a hundred for Anna.

Jon

2 comments:

Craigers said...

Jonny,

Congrats on the A buddy. I knew you had it in you. As far as your "questions" go, that'll be something tyou have to discover for yourself. I could tell you my feelings, but that masy not be right for you. What you're doing for the betterment of you and your fam is a noble thing and I'll leave it at that. I read Anna's Caring Bridge page every day and it just breaks my heart to the point of "wet eyes" (don't tell anyone, I've got an image to uphold). I think yo ushould organize a ride in her honor. Just a thought. God's blessings to you and your's during Holy Week and Easter.

Anonymous said...

Jonny,
The hard work is finally being appreciated, the hard work will pay off in the long run keep up the good work. As far as Craigers image I too was touched by your Nieces story nothing wrong with a man having "wet eyes", we to often take for granted how fortunate we are until we experience the suffering of others. My wife and I will keep Anna and your family in our prayers may God bless everyone on the long road ahead. I look forward to meeting you. “Happy Trails, Safe Biking and Get Bent”